This sections describes some of the steps you can take to protect yourself
- Report it to the Police
- Alert friends, family, tutors a University
- Carry a personal attack alarm (Download the Hollie Guard App) https://hollieguard.com/
- Changing times/routes to work/college/University if possible
- Ensure or adjust privacy settings on electronic devices, change passwords regularly
- Remove geotagging facilities and ask friends not to tag you in photographs on social media, etc.
- Keep shared information safe and ask friends to do the same.
- Remove personal items when on a video call and be aware of what others can see in the background e.g. photos, posters etc
- Cease contact with person and their friend
Start gathering evidence of what is happening
- Record the date and time of each incident in a diary
- Describe in detail exactly what happened and how it happened:
- who did it and how do you know who they are?
- what exactly did you see and hear?
- what was said to you and by whom?
- was damage caused? If so what and how?
- how did it make you feel (emotional, angry, upset, frightened etc.)
- Did anyone else witness the incident/behaviour? If they did, note their name, address and telephone number
- Keep phone texts, relevant letters, video/photographs, objects used in incidents