The Student Support and Experience Team is responsible for enhancing the student experience of all students studying at Staffordshire University, from transitioning through to HE, Welcome and engagement activities such as our One Staffs Café, and campaigns such as our Mindful Money campaigns. The team are also involved in events to support the student journey and experience.
Our specialist Practitioners and Advisors provide group workshops and 1-2-1 information, advice, guidance, and pastoral support for students on a variety of areas including:
- Information on Money Matters, from budgeting to applying to Student Support Fund, when students are struggling with financial concerns
- Access to and the promotion of resources available via Blackbullion
- Advice and guidance on academic processes including Information, advice and guidance on Exceptional Circumstances, Fitness to Study and Fitness to Practice processes, and Learning contracts for students retaking academic year
- Immigration advice related to the Student Route and International UKVI compliance
- Our Start to Success OfS project team also fall within the remit of Student Support and Experience, promoting and cultivating an inclusive student wellbeing community
How to contact the team:
Appointments are available online (Microsoft teams) and in person. To see an advisor students are asked to complete the following form and an advisor will be in touch.
The team is also available via Live Chat which is available from Monday to Friday from 11am to 3pm and can be accessed on the following link.
Or you can reach the team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Website also has a wealth of information to support students: https://www.staffs.ac.uk/students/support/home