We believe Sexual Harassment is never okay and has no place within the Staffordshire University community.
Staffordshire University is committed to promoting a safe and supportive environment for each and every member of our community. We work continuously to improve prevention, response, support and investigation of sexual harassment.
Sexual Harassment is any unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favours and sexual comments It can affect anyone regardless of their gender. Sexual Harassment can be verbal, non-verbal or physical.
- Making sexual comments about a person's body
- Making sexual comments or innuendos
- Telling sexual jokes or stories
- Asking personal questions about sexual life
- Making sexual comments about a person's clothing, anatomy, or looks
- Repeatedly asking out a person who is not interested
- Telling lies or spreading rumors about a person's personal sex life
- Staring at someone
- Blocking a person's path
- Following the person
- Giving personal gifts
- Making sexual gestures with hands or through body movements
- Making facial expressions such as winking
- Giving a massage around the neck or shoulders without being asked to
- Touching the person's clothing, hair, or body without consent
- Hugging, kissing, patting, or stroking without consent
- Standing close or brushing up against another person
Regardless of when or how you have experienced sexual harassment we are here to support you.